Wednesday, July 13, 2011

About Praying

For Kids
Dan and Pam frequently reminds us to pray for our families constantly. For our kids, I certainly do, more than anyone else.

I pray for my own behavior to benefit them, bless them with good health, pray for their salvation and all other matters we encounter along the way.

ER had no bowel movements for 2 days and I was worried he would be constipated. In the afternoon before the kids napped, I prayed. And his poop came 10 mins later. May sound like magic but when it comes to the kids, the Lord is consistent with His words "Ask and you shall receive." I hardly get a "No" when the prayer concerns their well being. "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world...", goes the song we sing. He really does.

Another simple incident was during nap on Monday. ER kept flipping and getting up, smiling and refusing to sleep. That distracted AN from sleeping. The longer this went on, the later they would nap, wake, eat and sleep at night. AN would have less sleep and waking up for school would be a chore.

I prayed the little boy will fall asleep soon and he did, all of a sudden. Hehe.

By Kids
Long ago when AN was little, she would imitate my prayers by blabbering with her Pooh Bear. As she grows, she doesn't always like to end the prayer by saying "Amen" with me.

A while ago, I prayed for her, then ER. She didn't want to say "Amen", so I went ahead to end our conversation with God.

After lights out, she prayed aloud:
"Lord, thank You for protecting my toys from Ethan so that he doesn't spoil them.
Lord, please do not let mummy and me fall sick (both of us started coughing this afternoon).
Lord, please don't let the virus make Ethan sick too.
Lord, thank You for my goody bag (from a classmate who celebrated her bday with them in school today).
Lord, thank You because I will not make mummy angry. I will be a good girl.
Lord, thank You for.... (a few more sentences which I've forgotten.
In Jesus' name, Amen."

That was cute. I'm glad she's learning to talk to God too. She asked how God hears us, and wonders constantly where God is. She's starting to fear the dark and I told her to pray for courage because Jesus is watching over her and nothing fearful will harm her. She wonders which part of the room is Jesus. And many other simple questions about faith.

I pray she will continue to seek the Lord. ER too. Above riches and intelligence, I pray that they will be faithful servants of the Lord.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment