Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Day Filled with "Good"

It'd been some time since I last felt 'rewarded'. This is one day to remember!

ER had porridge for lunch today and he loved it! He seemed to eat porridge better than most purees and cereals but his porridge intake was most impressive today. He had half a bowl of porridge with apple and avocado, finished that amount faster than I could scoop and cool the next spoonful.

For dinner, he had sweet potato and cereals. Like his lunch, he opened his mouth for his food and finished the estimated 4oz of food.

And since yesterday, he had been sitting himself up effortlessly. The first time he did that was few weeks back and he had not sat himself up since. He was so agile yesterday it almost seemed like he had been doing this for a while now.

And, he crawled! At SY's home last Sun, he looked like he was almost crawling alry. He is doing leopard crawls very well and gets around effectively. He's improving at moving on 4s, but just doesn't do that much. This afternoon though, he crawled on the floor under MIL'S supervision, on 4s. And he had been doing that even on the bed for most of today.

I'm a very satisfied mummy today.

It's not just ER. AN is also achieving another first today. She did sleep on her own for a few days sometime after ER was born and I sneaked back into our room after she fell asleep. That didn't work for long enough with her sobbing in fear upOn waking up in a dark room middle of the night to find me missing.

Tonight, she's sleeping on the converted toddler bed from the baby cot. She liked sleeping in the baby cot at Festive Hotel and had been asking to sleep on her toddler bed. Mr Liow finally converted it today and as I'm typing now, she's falling asleep soon.

I'll still have to sleep with them at night till they are old enough to sleep on their own. Till then, Mr Liow will have the big comfy bed o himself. And I'm looking forward to the day my post says: "The kids are finally sleeping on their own!"

But then again, I'm already missing having AN lying beside me now. There's a first to everything. This is formally Day One of not having AN sleeping by my side.

She's grown so much in this one year since we returned. She's weaned off breast (althogh she still asks to nurse an I'll give when she's sick so she gets the antibodies), she's sleeping with my back turned to her on most nights, and she's even sleeping on her own bed tonight. That's no including her acknowledging that I have to do housework and skip going over to popo (my mum's) place on some days.

I wish she remains that little baby girl forever but appreciates her independent sometimes...

Treasure ER now. He's probably the last baby I'll enjoy till AN needs help with her kids, IF she does in future. Hee.

Updated @ 11:05pm
Forgot to note down ER's attempt at sipping from his straw cup today. He finally did it! He sipped from AN's bottle few wks ago and coughed the water out. Guess he didn't expect water would come out if he sucked in that plasticky thing. Gave him his magmag cup today and he mainly played with it. After dinner just now, he got to try again, and he sipped, swallowed and happily drank quite a lot.

Oooooohhhh..I'm contented with all these achievements and these should last me for a while. It's AN's first music lesson tomorrow. Am sure she'll enjoy. She's been asking about it non stop since we signed her up in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment