Monday, July 18, 2011

Crazy Day Again

Argg..!!

Day started like any other whenever kids are unwell with AN at home:

Milk for her, medicine after a while, preparation for ER's lunch followed by cereals for ER's breakfast. Dishes to be done after kids are done eating. Mum came (THANK GOD!) and helped with kids so I went to continue with ER's lunch preparation.

Then.the.drama.unfolds....

The kitchen tap BROKE. It's hard to describe what I mean by BROKE because kitchen taps DO NOT BREAK,right? Well, ours is extendable (meaning: we can pull the tap out from its holder like a showerhead). It broke where the hose was joined to the showerhead. Don't try imagining if you have no idea what I'm talking about. I don't even know how to describe it now.

Because it broke, water sprayed all over. And water seeped into the kitchen cabinets where the tap sits on.

Times like these, I feel like murder. Show me a lizard and I'll kill it...ok, maybe not.

With the kitchen flooded in several areas, I got to wipe and dry, right? ER's porridge usually cooks gently on its own but today, it decided to boil over, TWICE.

BECAUSE I NEED TO CLEAN THE STOVE, I NEEDED THE TAP. And because I used water, I had to accept the fact that I will have to clean the water which seeped into the cabinet after every use.

I called Tapz Gallery who called their agent. Cut long story short, the technician can only come tomorrow but they can't give me a time. I just have to gong gong sit by my phone to wait till they call to tell me: "I'll be here in an hour." The lady at Tapz Gallery was helpful, so I didn't want to pressure her. This is how things work and no matter how urgent or desperate I felt, to the agents, if they are fully scheduled today, they ARE fully scheduled. She said I can call her tomorrow if I don't hear from that guy, Francis, who's supposed to call me.

Despite the chaos, I was surprisingly not boiling frustrated. It was frustrating (how to feel calm when everything is in a mess and I'm rushing to make food for kids and feed them so that they can hv their medicine but the kitchen is flooded at the same time?) but something inside me tickles. I felt tickled by this whole thing.

My kitchen tap broke and I've never heard of kitchen taps breaking. We had an old tap which was still good, lying behind the utility door that I thought we could use while waiting for this tap to be fixed. But Mr Liow said the tap is gone. He forgot where it went. The least possible thing happened and usually available backup vanished. The boiling over of porridge that happened for the first time, today, of all days. And Mr Liow said his Blackberry is now voiceless, all of a sudden as well.

it's funny how bad things love to happen at the same time.

So, I pray against the spirit of Suayness! The rest of the day can only get better. The spirit of Suayness cannot stay in this house because this house belongs to the Lord.

Bye bye Suayness. Choose your next target properly. Try not to enter any households belonging to the Creator if you need a permanent roof over your suay head.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment