Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lost My Anger, Again

Early in the morning, ER woke and won't go back to sleep. Finally he was about to, just when AN was supposed to wake up for school. I nursed him, hoping he would sleep soon.

Mr Liow came in and helped me carry AN out. She realized it wasn't me and started making a fuss. She kicked, and made noise and screamed for me.

Finally I went out coz ER decided not to sleep afterall. But AN wouldn't stop crying, even after I went out.

I looked at her cry and was deciding what I could do.

I should have hugged her to calm her down first. It's still early and she was barely awake. I chose to scold her for making noise instead. :( That, of course, wouldn't make her stop. So I smacked her 3 times on her thighs. She stopped crying loudly, and started sobbing.

I hugged her after a while and told her: "it's early in the morning. Can you help start the day on a better note?" I heard myself speak and realized I was actually talking to myself.

I'm an adult. I should be better at making choices. I chose to get angry. Should I have chosen to hug her, she would probably have calmed down. I could have started the day on a better note and not push this responsibility to a 4 year old.

Lord, when I have the opportunity to pause and decide, help me to choose the right thing to do and fight the urge to do what instinct says. Let my conscience speak louder than my instinct.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment