Thursday, July 28, 2011

Making Plans

I appreciate my parents for taking care of us for the past 7 months and even before we shifted back home.

It's just tough having to many people trying to make decisions.

Having tasted being fully in charge of "Home Affairs" in Tucson and having little say now (or risk facing either grand parents' black face with regards to my decision over my own matters), I prefer the former. The former is physically more challenging but like Shirley reminded, that is why I stayed home in the first place. I'll still have things to complain about but that's the more productive of 2 scenarios.

Asked Mr Liow and he agreed (not strongly though). He probably doesn't see any problem with either arrangement.

So, since I've already spoken to mum and she finds my reasoning (about AN having more things to do at home) logical, I'll have to figure out how to get AN home next. The school bus service will only operate if 10 or more kids sign up for it. The last I checked, there wasn't enough for the uncle to take up the job. I'll check again.

Was thinking if Mr Liow could fetch her home during lunch but that'll be tiring for him. Moreover, he often had to skip lunch coz he has too much to see to...doesn't sound feasible. I'll bring her home then. Just got to plan my time properly so that she has lunch upon reaching home. She's usually sleepy by 2pm so if she doesn't eat, milk should be good enough? My mum will glare at me and say it's not...but AN has lunch in school. It's only her who assumes AN doesn't have enough, because AN eats a lot at home after school, which she shouldn't have appetite for if she is full from lunch at school.

Aiya...how? Let's just try to see if she can remain awake for lunch back home. Else, I'll get her bread to snack on while on our way home.

Next up, my lunch. I'm still contemplating tingkat (delivered meals). AN can either share my lunch or ER's. So she gets a variety.

Sounds like a plan eh?

I'll probably try this out for a week while AN remains at my parents' place, to see if it works and to be familiarized with the routine. Then after that, hopefully the school bus uncle starts servicing her school.

Ok, I'll start praying and meanwhile work out plan B if anything in plan A doesn't work.

Updated:
Pre-informed my dad about the raw plan and .... Ta-dah! He got upset as expected. He said they want to convenient me and I can't be more thankful for that. I too, understand having AN around makes them happy grandparents. The only person who can make my dad smile can only be AN. Of course i appreciate everything they had been doing, which is why its so hard to tell them i have intentions change the way things will be. He tells me in retaliation to do what I want to do and he doesnt want to interfere anymore...I'm not talking about interference. I'm talking about better making use of time.....how should i get it across without offending them???? Anyway, I've said what I had to. He cooled off a little and suggested he can bring AN back for me everyday so I don't need to rush back and forth. I said if he doesn't find it inconvenient, I'm find with that (else what's he going to think again, that I want to totally detach f and kids from them?? That will never be my intention! Really hope they wont ever assume that to be true..please....)

Next to handle will be my mum's reaction. I've spoken to her before, she had a bad reaction to it before she rationalized and found my reasoning made sense. I hope repeating this a second time won't give her bad vibes another time (oh you'll never know....it all depends on the mood...).

Mr Liow, if you are reading this, I think I am ready for posting round 2. Hehe. Then we can do away with all these explaining over and over again and hoping they don't get the wrong idea or worse, assumes all the wrong things.

P.s: HEY Planes and pilotS...I am so looking forward to the end of National Day and when you'll STOP BLASTING ALL OVER SENGKANG! You've woken my baby countless times!!!!

Duh... Argh!

Feeling gloomy now...not enjoying the foreseen friction that may arise because of more changes. I feel like I've let my parents down for all the things they had been doing for us.... :< are there any medicines to take to make one feel more positive? I need some..

No comments:

Post a Comment