Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Thanks Mum"

AN woke up all of a sudden at about 3am and whispered that she was scared. I was nursing ER and couldn't go to her, so I shone the projector on my Galaxy Beam on the ceiling to give her some light. After a short while, she whispered: "Mum, I'm sleeping already. Thanks for the lights, mum."

That melted me. I went to squeeze with her on the toddler bed after ER unlatched himself. She turned and hugged me dreamily.

Each time I get to hug her, I recall how she used to be. I am thankful I get to spend undivided time with her in Tucson and really, for her to come to this stage where she has to share me (almost to the extent of giving up her need for my attention), it really is quite a feat.

She's my firstborn (apart from the fact that Baileys was my first baby), and I love her dearly. I pray the Lord will protect her, that she will never ever have to face fear or danger alone.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment