Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"What......again?"

Was reading posts about AN when she was 9months old and realized both ER and her are very similar in behavior and preference. AN is a little faster: she could straighten her legs while she crawled at this age, indicating readiness to walk. ER has just started crawling but is able to stand when holding onto something.

Read too, that I was offended by mil's comments that I was torturing AN with the vegetable purees that I made for her. She said they taste raw.

Look who's having the last laugh now. AN loves vegetables so much now she eats almost all sorts of those, even raw ones in salad, even those that MIL dares not even touch...

She had been loitering the kitchen as I prepared purees for ER. Part of what I steam for ER (broccoli, French beans, edamame, carrots etc), she gets them to snack on. She was pinching those French beans last night while they were being cooled before I purees them. And she love carrots raw, not cooked. Hehe. She likes them crunchy.

Why on earth is it cruel to be giving my babies vegetable purees? I do not understand. And because ER had only 2 scoops of his porridge last Sunday, I made him more porridge for dinner. It was sweet potatoes and apples in his porridge for lunch on Sun, and then avocado and pear with porridge for dinner.

She saw me feeding him porridge again and asked in mandarin :"You feeding him THIS SORT OF THING again?". That was offending. It was food. What did she mean by "this sort of thing?" While the whole family took it slow and rested, her included, I was busy preparing food for him in the kitchen from morning for his lunch, and right after we return from AN's music class for his dinner. What did she mean by "again"? The only similarity in his meals in the porridge but both are different tasting and contain different ingredients. What was she expecting? SEafood feast???

ER gets a mixed of pasta, white rice, oat and barley cereals. He gets all sorts of vegetable purees and lately, meats as well.. I give him varieties.

I wonder what she used to give the girls when they were babies to judge my meals as "this sort of things AGAIN".

This happened when AN was this age, and it's happening again.

Seriously, if she has any idea, contribute by suggesting. Comments like that are offending, and offer no help AT ALL...she's only been bringing papaya every weekend and telling me that I can give ER papaya coz it's good for him. As if I didn't know. He's had papaya countless times but not every week coz he gets VARIETIES... So what does she mean by "AGAIN"????

Duh...

No comments:

Post a Comment