Thursday, September 13, 2012

Battle of the Will Part 2

Tolerance level dips when one doesn't get enough rest. It's true.

When I'm not battling with a 2 year old, I'm battling with a 5 year old. Sometimes, both battles happen concurrently.

This morning, AN wanted "princess hairstyle". Since beginning this year, I stopped tying her hair that way for school. It is not an acceptable style for primary school and, call me Kiasi, I just want her to get used to it early.

But she gets whatever hairstyle she wants during weekends, and for today, because she was going for an "Arabian Night" play, I agreed.

"Princess hairstyle" can get messy, so I told her I'll improvise a little. It's minor.....BUT SHE GOT UPSET.

I didn't take it as well as I usually would. I could have re-tied it the usual way but I walked away. She can take the rubberband out and go to school looking like a crazy girl.

I always fail such testing of patience during sleepless periods. Let's not talk about daytime when sleep is only when I'm too sick to even stand. Since I came back on Sunday, I get, on average of 4 hours of shuteye in 24hours.

I'm not complaining. It's just that lack of sleep does make one crankier than usual.

So, I'll go recharge a little more before ER wakes up or till the next neb at 9am. I'm not looking forward to him waking early for this period. We'll start the 'Rise-n-Shine-@-8am" schedule after he recovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment