Sunday, September 9, 2012

Discharge-able



My platelets are down by only 5 today, so I can go home.

Hurray!

The Lord's been protecting me.

Doctor emphasised time and again since day 1 of admission, that my symptoms are so untypical. Not that everyone has the same signs but fever is almost always present. Because it's Dengue Fever. And victims dont usually gets discharged after 2 days. In some cases, there has to be blood transfusion.

Today is already day 6. My platelets are not dropping too badly by now, and unlikely to drop too much more in the next few days.

I'm to come back for another blood test on Wednesday and see the doctor to ensure my platelets are increasing.

Doctor doesn't foresee that I will get any worse, and commented again that this is so untypical. Lol! She wondered if I was already in trouble the few days before I was admitted. Because on the day I was, she was shocked at how dehydrated I was that day (she appeared doubtful I only threw up 5 times the day before I came) and my low blood pressure. Even the nurse commented as she 'unplugged' me a while ago that they don't usually insert the plug where they did.

Maybe I was already very unwell but the Lord sustained me! The ability to operate through Dengue symptoms is humanly impossible.

Anyway, Doctor Chia said I'm not anaemic but I'm running low on iron. She will start me off on iron supplements and reminded me to continue eating iron rich food.

I'm going home!

Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment