Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Battle of Will Power


ER will be two years old in a few days. His package includes: improved speech, higher level of independance (not usually the type that benefits me), a stronger sense of will and need to make choices (he chooses which breast he wants to latch onto, switches from "this side" to "this side" and gets upset when both sides are wrong sides. Baby, I have only 2 "sides"), the ability to excel at imitating us, expressiveness, etc.

Sadly, it includes constant Bronchitis as well. This doesn't go away with age. Neither does it go away with constant exposure to viruses because Bronchitis doesn't go away with a trained system. Instruction to mummy by the PD, is to conscientiously protect him from unnecessary exposure to triggers (be that allergy or viruses).

ER doesn't get flu or the common cold often. He gets Bronchitis, even during this stupid haze where others start having runny nose and cough. HE GETS THEM TOO BUT WORSE! HE HAS DIFFICULTIES BREATHING.

I'm still a little breathless and weak myself after the weekend at Mt A. My appetite is picking up. My energy level should pick up soon. My doctor's advise to me is to rest a lot. How to? Daddy tries to help but it only worsens the situation. It's Mr Two Years Old's choice, not ours.

The frequency of the nebulising (4 hourly) means I do not have even the luxury of enough sleep at night (preparation takes time, as with trying to fall asleep after that, provided he doesn't wake up to torment me like he had been doing).

I am never one with strong will power but I realised this comes with motherhood. Motherhood itself is a new level of power.

I would have fainted from all these physically challenging scenerios if it was years ago. Now, all that I feel is the need to rant.

What am I ranting about exactly?

I also don't know. Lol. I just feel very noble at this point and wonder how more strong can I be when all I used to think of myself was that I was a weakling.

Can non-mums do what I am doing now?

Mothers deserve a special Mother's day tribute. Sadly, it only takes a mother to fully appreciate the value of another mother's sacrifice.

P.s: this post is not to put down fathers. I just feel noble, and sleepless.

No comments:

Post a Comment