Monday, September 24, 2012

Warning!! Rant Alert: HATE SELFISH PEOPLE


We had a birthday celebration for ER with our parents and ministry yesterday.

The kids had fun as usual: the running after each other, stacking of blocks, dispensing of drinks on vending machine and all.

Food left at the end was in abundance when my initial worry was that it may not be enough. I ordered for almost 10 pax less than invited (because I was worried about too much leftovers like everytime.)

I think it's just tradition that no matter how little food you prepare, it will always be too much.

Pictures are with daddy. Will upload after I grab them from his phone.

After the lunch, the guys had a soccer match. Seeing that majority of them were leaving, my mum started asking if anyone wanted to pack some food home. No one went for the offer though.

While my mum and I were outside packing, Mr Liow's mum came out with her usual bossy attitude and suggested: "你不会叫你朋有带点回加吗?" (wont you ask your friends to bring some food home?)

Obviously, we did. She was watching tv and behaving anti-social as usual then.

I told her no one wanted the food (I took 3 seconds to answer her because I intended to ignore her).

All while we were packing, she was walking about, commenting that I ordered too much (ya, talk talk talk....like she very smart!), that I didn't order fried chicken (she said: "you should order fried chicken. I like fried chicken", to which I replied that most guests won't want to get their fingers dirty especially since most came with kids! They need to quickly finish and need clean hands to help their kids. Who cares that u like fried chicken, but I didn't tell her that last sentence....)

She repeatedly suggested: "must pack the bobochacha! It's very nice." I ignored the repeated suggestion. Mum and I were busy! She just stood there talking all the time.

Mum then asked if I have containers for food with sauces. I did and took some out. For once, the all-talk-no-action one helped to rinse the containers.

Then she came out, took her bobochacha, and went back in. She did not help with anything else.

ALL SHE CARED ABOUT WAS HER BOBOCHACHA! How selfish!

She then asked my mum to bring food home but my parents wanted to go out. She then sneered: "Ordered so much food but so few guests. Your mum should help bring some home..."

I was really tempted to retort her! SHUT UP, JUST GO INSIDE AND WATCH YOUR TV SINCE IT'S BELOW YOUR LEVEL TO HELP! I'm so good at self control here. I kept quiet. My mum not her maid!

Late at night before Joan and Phillip left, Joan actually helped me wash a basin full of dishes while Mr Liow's mum read her papers and TV tuned to her channel. ER was making noise, AN was feeling cranky (no nap) and I felt bad Joan was doing my dishes.

I loudly asked Joan (so that the empress could hear me), to leave the dishes there. Joan didn't mind helping. But MIL couldn't care less. She was in her own peaceful little world.

Can you believe people like these actually exists?

I still am amazed everytime I watch her. She no rich tai tai. Does she really think she's higher class than everyone else?

She was even ashamed when her facebook location showed "Seletar Hill Estate" and asked if Mr Liow could edit that. So shameful that it's not Cambridge Road instead... Soooooo shameful that she was in a HDB flat in cheapo sengkang.

I'm so ashamed of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment