Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dengue Positive


My blood test shows a dengue positive.

Dr Chia just came and gave me a little more insight about what may be happening in a few days.

In summary:

I am in the early stages of the virus. Judging from my symptoms, this is day 5. It takes anywhere from 7-10 days for my antibodies to build up to fight the virus (she mentioned antigen but I don't know how the word can be used here).

I hv to have my blood taken daily to be sure my blood platelets are not falling too drastically and once there its an increase after the drop, I'm safe (that means my body has enough soldiers to fight). For now, because it's still early, she expects the figure to drop, hopefully not too drastically (by the 50s) or I'll need transfusion.

That sounds scary.

My kids need me at home. My questions to her repeatedly emphasised the point and she mentioned that if my bloods platelets, it's hard for her to let me leave knowing that may be life threatening.

I didn't think I got bitten, and she said most victims are not aware..the virus hibernates in the body for about 10 days.

CHANGI COTTAGE! We were there for bible study 2 saturdays ago. AN had 2 big bites on her legs.

I'm getting worried now. For as long as I was outside, ER was too. AN was outside for even longer, and she got bitten.

Please pray that none of them got it from the Andes mosquito...my symptoms are setting in now. Please pray none of them will show any of such signs in the following week.

And we have 2 important appointments on Tuesday.

I need to be ok...

No comments:

Post a Comment