Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mt A ROCKS

The nurses have never failed to keep me comfortable.

I was surprised they didn't seem very pro nursing because those at the maternity wards are.

But when I was engorged, one went to get a pump for me. It cleared part of the engorgement but not a mangled lump of milk ducts :(

I returned it after use, in case anyone needed it but by lunch, another nurse came up with it without even me making a request!

The engorgement didn't clear at all, so I asked for painkillers. The doctor ordered some for me.

This nurse actually went 'down' (to maternity ward I guess. I don't even know where I am now. LOL) and said the nurses there told her cabbage can help relieve engorgement as she set my painkiller down for me to take.

I knew, but where to find cabbage?

I didn't take the pill immediately coz the ministry would be coming and the pill may cause drowsiness and nausea (eeeeks. I DON'T WANT!)

She came back again about an hour later, with cabbage. Cold and soft, like maternity ward nurses taught her. And she helped me put them in place.

She said those were all they have and asked Mr Liow to remember to get some.

Now at 2 hours later, the area has softened and I pumped out the milk that were stuck. That side still feels sore. It had been swollen for the whole day afterall.

I'll continue pumping on case it gets chocked again.

The nurses here are soooooo kind.

I love Mt A!

No comments:

Post a Comment