Saturday, May 5, 2012

Before Mr Liow Leaves


My Gym

I got a call from MyGym saying I won a trial class for ER, so I chose a class to attend this morning. I have big enrichment plans for ER and AN but though we do not lack, I'm not contributing financially. So, the luxury to splurge on the many quality programs on my wishlist is not an option.

I have to choose wisely: From right brain training (programmed to unleash potential in kids through the most natural way, which is through play), to flashcard (which may help the child develope photographic memory), to gym classes (physical progress is no less important than intellectual). That's only for ER.

I am, too, starting to worry about AN catching up with classmates who have been attending extra classes like phonics, abacus, maths and the likes. I have been exploring the option of Speech and Drama because she is extremely shy when all attention is on her (proven when she refused to speak during the presentation of her rainforest, much to my disappointment because she had been so excited to show off her rainforest diadem and giant lapbook.)

She's starting to read better these past few weeks, so we can save up on phonics for the time being. Mr Liow is all for Abacus and he's hardly 'all' for anything (which is good in a way, to help remind me to slow down with AN). No matter what 'extra' lessons she takes up, they will only benefit her (but deprive her of time to enjoy the remaining of a carefree childhood).

Thank God Mr Liow doesn't print money.

What I choose for them will likely 'shape' their future. Must choose carefully.

Omg....I'm so long winded.

I meant to only talk about MyGym...

Anyway, it was similar to Gymboree in Tucson and it brought back tonnes of memories with AN! But Gymboree was more spacious, fun and colorful, more music and movement, has the most lovely Miss Erin, and only a tiny fraction of the fees here.

Gone are those days.

ER didn't want to sit during circle time and couldn't stop exploring the different apparatus (just like AN used to...omg, I badly miss that part of my little girl's life!). But I did learn some simple workouts to strengthen my toddler's muscles. That won me (because I couldn't convince myself to pay that amount, just to put ER in an airconditioned playground). We'll try for a term after Mr Liow comes back and see how it goes.

Location : 121A Rivervale Dr,

No comments:

Post a Comment