Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Countdown: 5 days


AN makes me so angry sometimes I stay angry for longer than intended. I'll feel guilty and apologise later and then it's peace again (for the time being).

Sometimes, certain things she did or said previously bothers herself too. She'll continue to apologize for the next few days. I'll then tell her that it's over and we'll start again.

She remembers. I was upset with how she had been biting her nails lately and the more I reminded her yesterday, the more agitated I got. She then reminded me: "Mummy, it's over already. I'll try to remember not to bite my nails."

I was still bothered by how she is not stopping despite the countless reminders, punishments, naggings. After reading up on the behavior, I'm starting to relax the restraint, knowing now that she probably didn't even realize she was biting at that point and that it could indicate stress or anxiety.

Not easy for her to stop, and not easy for me to close an eye. We all know how dirty the fingernails are, and how often they had been falling sick.

Just have to wash her hands often.

Location : 121A Rivervale Dr,

No comments:

Post a Comment