Friday, May 4, 2012

My Toddler


ER is a happy boy, but when he is not too happy, he cries. That is normal.

Recently, he's confusing us. He knocks his head, starts bawling a little before he starts laughing (and crying at the same time, but laughing more than he is crying). He gets told off firmly by either of us but starts laughing as if we were playing with him.

He laughs a lot. Especially when AN is with him.

His laughter tickles us, especially AN. Both of them ends up laughing non-stop over a tiny joke, a wierd sound, even a strand of hair.

Even when he gets hurt accidentally when they play, he laughs.

I enjoy the laughter but worries at the same time if ER is ok. Because when it hurts, it's instinctive to cry, isn't it?

I'll go read up a little on it.

That aside, he's starting to call me "mummy" since early this week. He had been calling me "mama" till one day, he observed how AN called me "mummy".

The way he pronounces "mummy" is super pleasant to my ears.

He goes "PLEASE!" with a raised palm whenever he wants us to stop disturbing him. Sometime he goes "STOP!"

He's picking up words and learning at a tremendous speed. Just a one-hour session of piecing alphabet puzzles yesterday and he picked up letters "x" and "b". He recognised "o" couple of weeks back and he remembered it yesterday.

He hides things and goes "where jit?" (where is it), pulls me up when he's ready to get out of bed and says: "lej go" (let's go!).

He understands better too. I asked him to lie down with jie jie in the room while I dump his soiled diapers and he did. My dad wondered if he understood. I wasn't sure too but let my baby try interpret the instructions. The grandfather was impressed and proudly updated the grandmother hours later. They keep saying kids these days are so smart. I think we must have been pretty dumb when young. Hehe.

Mr Liow will be leaving for USA again tomorrow night and be away for a week. We'll all camp over at my parents' place. Time passes fast with kids around. He'll be home before we know it. :)

Location : 403 Fernvale Ln,

No comments:

Post a Comment