Sunday, May 13, 2012

D-Day


Mr Liow should arrive Singapore at 249am on SQ11. One week went by and it wasn't too long.

Mum had been such great help. I complained about being told to do things as if I didn't know better. I really didn't know better. Now I'm back home sweet home and missing mum. Hehe.

Wrote her a sweet sms and I think it touched her. I NEVER sweet-talked my mum. Even complimenting her took some getting used to. I tried loosening up, letting go of whatever that had been holding me back, and wrote 我爱你 to her after appreciating her selflessness in my sms.

I'm glad she noticed my attempts to display my love by giving her little (negligible) surprises like buying her favorite cakes, becoming a sponsor (with a little contribution) when she has things she feels like buying etc.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mums (especially my mama). Dads are important people too but mums ares a little more because they are not just sacrificial and selfless, they also know us well, sometimes even better than we know ourselves.

I used to be in denial whenever mum said: "I know you like this..." because I don't like to be this predictable. But I have to admit, mum is right and I'm not predictable. I'm just a child my mum loves enough to know me inside out.

Miss her and dad now.

And excitedly awaiting the man with whom I am spending the rest of my whole life who should reach home before 4am.

No comments:

Post a Comment