Sunday, May 20, 2012

How Does That Sound?


The niece came to stay this weekend.

"Popo, Ethan looks like he's panting."

"Yes, that's why you have to eat healthily otherwise you fall sick too."

What does that mean? That Ethan doesn't eat healthy which is what makes him sick?


---------------------------

I was making him lunch and wanted to make mee sua. It's soupy and soft, something easy for him to down. Besides, he had porridge for lunch yesterday.

"Why make mee sua? Porridge better."

I explained why.

"Mee sua causes phlegm. Everytime I eat that, I get phlegm in my throat."

I thought to myself: "Mee Sua is made from flour, like bread and some other noodles, isn't it? And JUST because it makes you cough, it is phlegm-producing. hmmmm. I eat mee sua a lot, but I never get phlegm from eating it."

----------------------------------------

I had to suck mucus from ER's nose coz he was choking.

Niece: "Eww...."

Popo: "Yi po taught her that. It's old.fashion."

Me, angry! Old fashion? I'm relieving my son's agony instead of sitting there watching!

I told the girl that when she grows up and has her own kids, she will do the same for them.

Popo: "I never did that. I'm not that noble."

For once, she's honest!

Sucking phlegm from my baby's nose is not a noble act. It's an act of love. Won't a mum do anything if it relieves the kid, especially a young one?

I hope the niece grows up loving her kids enough to do this simple thing for her kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment