Monday, May 21, 2012

Upset ** warning: long ranting post


I had an overwhelming urge to be selfish (that's what I chose to be) yesterday.

When Mr Liow said to his mum: "you go take a nap. I'll take a nap after you wake up. I know you must be tired.", I didn't feel good. Petty me.

First thing that came to mind was: "Hello! I was the one who did not sleep a wink last night and woke up early to cook for ER before AN's music class. Why was it that SHE must be tired? What did SHE do, besides skipping church for once, just to stay home to read newspapers while the niece watches over ER for the 2 hours in our absence?"

To be fair to Mr Liow, he did ask if I wanted to stay home to rest and he could bring AN for lesson. Obviously, I don't appreciate more insensitive comments and chose to bring AN to class. I really can't stand being stuck in the same house with her! She's bad influence!

When Mr Liow asked her to take a nap, I also thought it could be that he wanted me to rest too, that was why he chose to take turns with her to rest so one of them would be awake to watch over ER and allow me complete rest.

At that point, this explanation just wasn't convincing enough. It is now. It's impossible Mr Liow couldnt tell that I needed the nap more than the mum right??

I seriously didn't want to pick a fight. I was just feeling petty and really tired but a grouchy face IS looking ready to pick a fight....

So I chose to go out, take a bus to Nex just to buy a tube of conditioner and take a bus back. I didn't care if anyone needed me. 2 adults in the house with one who thinks she knows best, I SHOULD have nothing to worry about.

Mr Liow thought of ways to get her help with the kids and keep me company but I doubt those suggestions would work.

True enough, his mum left him to handle 2 kids because she didn't want to pay surcharge on cabfare back. I wanted to see if she would help him while I was gone. Just THINK SELFISH and I can foresee what she will choose to do. She chose to save money and leave early. But she was gracious enough not to make him send her and the niece back.

My mum would have stayed with me to help because ER was sick. His mum just waves goodbye and LEAVES! *shakes head*

He thought my guess was smart (about his mum leaving early to avoid having to pay surcharge), but maybe it's coz know her too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment