Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Countdown: 4 days


ER is becoming increasingly difficult. I'm still patient at this point and hope I have enough patience to last through the terrible two, if this is what it is.

This is a whole week of new experiences for him. He's playing, eating, drinking, showering, diapering, breathing in a new place. Not an unfamiliar place, but not a place he's used to spending so much time at.

He's not drinking his milk (I get almost 500mls thereabouts, into him daily at home but here, he's not even sitting...The most he had was 100mls) and not as cheery (still smiley but more tantrums than usual).

His sleep routine is haywired too, waking up too early, gets tired earlier as well but not willing to nap, finally enable to stay awake by 4pm, naps till 7pm and struggles to sleep at night.

We just had a 2-hours struggle because ER woke up at 7.30am (2hrs earlier than usual) and I needed him to nap. Else he's going to feel sleepy before lunch and miss his meal. He was upset when I refused to bring him out no matter how he pleaded with me. He struggled angrily when I made him lie down, wasn't easily pacified, started behaving wierd and unlike his usual self. After crying hard for so long and almost puking at least 3 times, he finally asked to nurse and is asleep, AT LONG LAST!

Hopefully, those crankiness and not-so-cuteness of him goes away once we go back to his familiar schedule and environment.

Mum had been really helpful and I manged to settle a few administrative matters, stuff I can only do during weekends when Mr Liow is around.

The only struggle is, mum forgets that I am a mother too. She nags at me to shower, nags at me to make AN drink water, nags at me to stop talking to AN and feed her (it's frustrating because AN can feed herself! But mum ALWAYS tells me to feed her because it's faster. When I'm not looking, she'll feed AN and my lazy girl gladly obliges because she then has her hands for other things.). Mum will loiter outside the bathroom and monitor us when I shower AN, asking us to speed up and stop talking. She'll nag that I don't dry them enough before bringing them out from the bathroom. She keeps asking me to stop talking and quickly finish up whatever I am doing with AN.

What's the rush?? And I need to talk to my baby! She has lots of things to share about school. If there's anything about my mum that I am adjusting to (still), it's her constantly rushing us.

I'm looking forward to going back to our usual routine. I need to regain control over my own routine.

One mountain cannot hide 2 tigers..

No comments:

Post a Comment