Sunday, April 3, 2011

Alone

Mr Liow's aunt came to pass me a red packet last evening. Her hubby passed away on Monday. It's Chinese tradition that the remaining cash he had with him when he left, will be distributed among his children and his aunt explained that he treated us as his own, so we get part of it, regardless of the amount.

It was a weird sight when I saw her. They had never been separated before. Everytime we meet, she will have her hubby by her side. When I met her yesterday, she was alone. The picture wasn't complete, and it never will be again.

Whenever Mr Liow gets sent overseas, I'll miss him badly. Everything in the house reminds me of him: his unwashed cup, the last channel on TV that he was on, his unwashed clothes...everything, in fact.

But he'll be back. I know I can countdown to seeing him again.

Not uncle though.

I fear eternal separation. I fear the day my parents leave me. They are aging. I fear being separated from Mr Liow till we meet in heaven again. Will we recognise each other still?

Heaven must be beautiful. God lives there and we never need to feel sadness or pain ever when we get there. But will we forget each other once there?

I don't want to forget him. I don't want to forget my kids, or anyone I love. In fact, I dread the day I have to wait till I breath my last to meet anyone again. More than anything, I dread not being able to meet anyone again after life is over.

Salvation is given to all who believes but there are too much to belief and too much not to.

When will they meet again? Will it still be as beautiful as it was many many many years ago?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment