Monday, April 18, 2011

Clueless Who-does-she-think-she-is

Sunday (17 April)
The empress dowager came at 11+ am after church. Mr Liow was out loading stuff onto the car already, while awaiting her highness to arrive.

I was about to change out of my home clothes when she came and she offered to carry ER. Go ahead.

When I got out of the room looking for them, I saw her trying to feed ER water with AN's milk cup.

For goodness' sake...this grandma who claimed to have taken care of her 2 children (Mr Liow and sis) and had 'experience' taking care of the nieces, seemed to not realise the reason why she had been sterilising milk bottles all of her baby-care career. She's using AN's milk cup, off the rack (non sterilised obviously because AN is already 4 years old), to feed him water. She knows that is the cup we use for AN's milk, and only milk. WHY OF ALL CUPS (there was even ER's bottle, washed, dried and set aside), CHOOSE THAT ONE TO USE?????????If you do not know, ASK!!!!! DUN ALWAYS ASSUME YOU KNOW EVERYTHING!!

She even tried to make milk for AN with water from porridge. Like there's no water from the flask??????? I'm never ever going to allow her to put anything that resembles food into the stomach of my kids because SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT SHE'S DOING, AND IS TOO EGOISTIC TO ASK!

And then, when she saw me, she grouchily asked me: "he's almost 7 months old and he still can't drink from a cup?"

I'm sorry my boy doesn't know how to drink from a cup at 7 months. I'm sorry my daughter only drank from a cup at 1 year old. I'm sorry I never saw anywhere, not in States, not in Singapore, CUPS being sold that are labelled "6 months and above". Even sippy cups are labelled "8 months and above". I'm very sorry both my kids are not gifted. And they move along the milestones most babies of the same age follow. I will be exposing him to cup drinking soon but I'm sorry if she think he's 'stupid' because he still hasn't mastered it yet.

Who is she to question me anyway. The 2 girls she brought up weren't gifted too. And she blatantly attempted to lie that the nieces could use chopsticks very well by 2nd year of age.

I've NEVER seen them eat with chopsticks till recent years when they are now much older. Neither had Mr Liow who stayed with them before we got married. And she so kindly told AN: "You are so lousy. 4 years old already and you still can't use chopsticks.", making her hold a pair when there is a fork AN can use for noodles.

AN doesn't resist learning to eat with chopsticks. I'm not against her using them either. But i won't tell her she's lousy at it under any circumstance. Again, who is she to tell AN she's lousy when she's NEVER tried TEACHING AN to hold a pair?? And not being able to eat with chopsticks do not make a person lousy.

I wish her out of my life. I'm only tolerating with her because she's Mr Liow's mum.

I must have met too few people in my life because there has never been a human, dead or alive, that I loath so much...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment