Friday, April 1, 2011

Not One Day Without A Struggle

The "Not-one-day-without- a-struggle" campaign had gone on for a while now. Months.

Talking sense works at that point when she gets what she asks for, before she's supposed to do something else (like say, do some writing which she never gets sick of, before her nap). But when it's time to stop, she'll try her luck asking for something else.

This time, no means no. Unless I want her to think that mummy is manipulatable and so is everyone else.

Been reading how 4 yr olds are like and am trying to remind myself over and again that she's growing socially and these requests, though unreasonable most times, are what's going to help her learn. And my reaction may be what she imitates as a response when she's faced with requests she will not meet.

People are going to hate her responses if she does imitate me, coz I lose my patience very easily now.

I wonder when this campaign is going to end and what's new that this 4 year old has to offer.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment