Thursday, April 7, 2011

I can't remember...

How long did AN take to learn to eat properly? It was very gradual, so gradual that I didn't even notice when she started swallowing better. Of course, the most impressionable part about feeding AN was her fussy-ness (that is oh-so-common but very very patience-testing!). I'm sure you all are very very familiar with this complaint of mine! hehe.

ER is still not able to eat properly. I'm feeding him cereals (mostly mixed in freshly expressed BM but when busy, in formula), in runny form, and I've tried feeding him thick, pasty cereals. He seems to do better on thicker-made cereals but still, most times, he pushes out more than I put in (coz cereals + milk goes in = cereals + milk + saliva comes out).

I had been reading again. It seems this time, I notice more articles encouraging food in more solid forms. No longer "puree to smooth consistency". Maybe I should try giving him mashed or finger food. Many of these articles suggests that we let them be in control, even if they do not end up eating. They will someday, eat. I have learnt. AN is one very classic example.. She now asks for food when she feels like eating, even when she just had a meal. On some days, she seems to be always hungry, and always eating. I'm glad!! But she remains slim. Not that it bothers me that she's skinny anymore. I can tell very well that she's normal now and I do not need to be watching her head circumference. She'll be a happy woman when she grows up, eating a cow and not putting on an ounce of fat around her waist.

Now, it's this little one I have to worry about. Maybe I shouldn't anymore. AN had me well trained to handle fussy eating.

But still, he has to start somewhere. So, I should maybe start steaming baby carrots (bought some organic ones that still lies in the vege compartment of my fridge). Should I mash one steamed carrot? Or cut them into thin sticks for him to stick into his mouth? I better read up more on CPR and resuscitating young babies before I start. hehe.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment