Friday, April 29, 2011

Exceptionally Good

There are days when I have problems understanding AN and the things she does that none of us agree with.

And then there are good days when she's just sooooooo sweet, cooperative, patient, helpful, obedient, almost perfect.

For this whole week, she had been such a dear. She woke up on her own before the alarm went off, had her milk (she doesn't alway want milk before school), helped out so much with ER (leaves what she's doing to help me watch over him when I had to do somethin else, wipes his saliva without me asking her to, plays with him and even brings him her toys when he cries for attention. When all else fails, she shouts for me to come quick coz in her words, "Ethan wants you!"), does her own stuff quietly when I'm nursing ER, whispers when he's sleeping, and tries to be patient and polite.

Such a dear....

Because Mr Liow is stil groggy from fever, I wondered if I should drive her to school this morning. She was really encouraging and suggested that Mr Liow takes care of ER because "mummy can drive me to school."

I wasn't confident, so we ended up bringing the little boy along and Mr Liow sat beside me while I drove. AN was seated behind, right beside ER and helping to entertain him.

Brought her into the classroom and she trotted happily in for the medical screening (temperature check and checks for signs of HFMD), then put her stuff away before hugging me goodbye.

When I affirmed her good behaviour this morning, she replied that she doesn't want to make me angry and is trying to be a good girl. Her reason for behaving when I asked her yesterday was: "Because I'm 4 and big children has to behave."

Very endearing. And there is just so much that we can learn from little children. To name just one: they never give up trying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment