Thursday, April 28, 2011

Banana

So, ER had bananas. Bananas with cereals and BM is formula for sugar rush. It's super sweet!

He didn't really like it. Or rather, he doesn't seem to be eating well. He doesn't bring food in as well as when he started. Is it because he doesn't enjoy food I had been giving him recently, or....? I had been laying him down at an angle of about 45 degree most times lately to feed him before giving him water to help wash the finely pureed but pasty food down his throat. At times, he willingly allows me to feed him this way, sometimes he puts up a struggle. I feel as if I'm force-feeding him when he struggles so I take it as his cue for telling me he has enough. But at times, I continues, wondering if I'm misreading his cue. It's quite obvious that he's not too happy eating from his body language though. I should just continue to feed him sitting him upright. He's 7monhs old now but still not eating very well.

I fear having another fussy eater. The long time struggle with my almost non-eating AN is finally coming to an end after nearly 3 years and the frustration was nightmare. I dread having to repeat it. It was worse than learning to nurse a firstborn, for the first time in my life. The engorgement pain, the cracked nipples that bled, the lack of sleep from having to pump for storage, these are nowhere as frustrating as trying to feed a kid who simply refuses to eat. I never failed to wonder how AN was still alive at every stage of her life.

I'm hanging on to my belief that boys will eat better. I'm looking forward to watching ER enjoy food. This is something I had been deprived of, somethin I see other mums happily doing when we go out and their kids happily feeding themselves without having to be reminded to, and them finishing whatever they are given.

Having watched Isabelle's Isaac and Pam's Elijah and Xavier and all the other boys eat, I feel hopeful mine will too.

Baby boy, food is good and yummy. Love them ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment