Sunday, April 10, 2011

Business Talk

Termed as such by Mr Liow, I went to meet my friend in the wedding planning business yesterday. AN wanted to follow me, so I brought her, along with pen and paper in my bag for her to doodle her time away as we held our discussion.

The event has evolved from a wedding lunch, to a whole day affair (the usual groom-gets-grilled-before-he-gets-his-bride routine and then tea in the morning, and then wedding dinner). It's going to be a busy day and the more my friend went on with the details, I felt an increasing uneasiness: What is going to happen to my koala bear then? It's not just 3 hours. It's at least 4 hrs in the morning (I need to do the mum as well) and then another 4-5hrs in the evening (bride + 2 mums).

My dear friend suggested that I do my best to make my way from Regent Hotel to Serangoon after finishing with the bride's mum, to do the groom's mum. I was given one hour to travel and complete the makeup.

That is mission IMPOSSIBLE, because Regent Hotel and Serangoon is separated by the CTE. Yes, there may not be slow traffic that early but what if something happens? Like an major accident that requires a shutdown at a few exits, especially the crucial ones? Anything can happen on CTE and if anyone remembers, I think I mentioned that CTE was indeed empty on a busy Saturday evening some time in August last year if I didn't remember wrongly, coz of an accident that had a big truck run over a biker whose body parts were all over the road as a result. Not that gross but the biker did get mutilated to a certain extent.

It is nothing an apology can make up for if I am unable to make it there in time (makeup and hairdo already can take up an hour or even more depending on the person an MUA is working on). hmm...too risky.

I'm going to get help for that, if she's not able to get help on her side. She's my 'boss' so I'll see what she has in mind.

Mr Liow encouraged me to do EVERYTHING on my own and take the whole paycheck. I wish I could too. hehe. That will be a month's worth of my pay when I worked at Suntec after CPF contribution.

But the mummy-ness in me is unsure. And unwilling.

What about my koala bear and the little princess? My little princess can survive without me now. She will miss me, but will not cry for me. But the little boy....he's not bottle trained, and not eating perfectly to stay full. In fact, he has been inching towards me these past few nights and sleeps so close to me we spend the whole night, elbow to shoulder (mine to his). And he starts whining when I go pee at night -_____-"

I think he wasn't that happy with me leaving him on Saturday to discuss the wedding plan and gave Mr Liow a hard time. Mr Liow managed well (he didn't call me to hurry me and left me to do what I had to do) but each time I called him, I could hear the pitiful cries from our boy.

And I couldn't concentrate!!

Oh. My. Goodness!

For that, I salute mums who had to go back to work after 4 months of spending time with their babies. It's far from being easy.

Anyway, I think I will settle for a lower paycheck and get help so that I do not need to spend more than 15 hours away from them. My bxxxxts will not allow me to do that, even if I can detach myself from them emotionally for just ONE day. I'll be carrying 2 coconuts and maybe by the next morning, get a fever from engorgement.

I'm excited. Am looking forward to the trial makeup for a start. If the bride doesn't think she looks pretty with my makeover, I'll have all the time in the world to go back to being a FTSAHM (Full time stay at home mum).

I need to start sourcing for hair accessories too. Guess what? I dumped some and donated some of my Dorothy Perkins accessories (earrings, necklaces, chockers) before we went to Tucson. Who would have known I'd need these one fine day again. sigh... I'm now suffering the effects of having dumped good stuff 2 years back (read: retribution).
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

2 comments:

  1. Jean (tyrone's mummy)April 11, 2011 at 10:04 AM

    judy judy, do u nd to borrow my hair accesories 1st? if u don't have time to go scour ard for hair accesories, u can use mine 1st. i can ask andy to pass to yr hubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for offering, gal! Dun need already because the deal is off. hehe. Sort of good in a way bcause I still cant tear myself away from the little guy.

    ReplyDelete