Monday, April 4, 2011

ER Fever and Tired Parents

ER had been feeling a little warm whole of today at my parents' and mum kept wondering if he was having fever.

Besides his body temperature, he was exceptionally cranky today as well. He cried fiercely each time we put him down and couldn't nap properly. In fact, this cranky-ness started last night.

My parents didn't have a thermometer and even though he felt warm, I expected his temperature to be under 38°c.

True enough when we got home, he was 37.6°c.

Low fever, but still, a fever :(

They had been taking turns to fall sick since Feb with little breaks (like, a few days) in between. It is really really tiring...

I hv no more strength to keep moping the house and cleaning fur off furnitures, especially when the kids fall sick. The younger they are, the more demanding they become during the night at times like these.

Mr Liow had been the one doing all the cleaning, even after a long and tiring day at work, just to lift my burdens.

It wasn't of much help that Baileys has started to mark, for attention. He marked the laundry basket yesterday, including our clothes inside. He's also marking our shower screen, on the wrong side, not on the papers, and the pee flowed all over the toilet. This had been happening every other day, if not everyday. Only the location he chooses is different.

I dread returning home from my parents' place now. I expect the worst to happen and yes, they happen.

Mr Liow will spend an hour cleaning the floors while I deal with the kids. By the time he's done, it's bedtime for everyone.

He only gets to kiss them goodnight.

I watch fur accumulate but does nothing about it. I managed to squeeze time out to prepare cereals for ER (by hook or by crook, I need to find time for that!), before his bath and before I bring him to my parents' place. All that after moping the floor of stains.

AN by this age had already tried various pureed vegetables. ER is still having only cereals. I'll have to get him bottled ones :(

If I could see this far from the start, I'd not have had BM. Had I known more than 2 kids mean so so many sick days and cranky-ness, I'd have chosen to spend more time on taking better care of them.

If I could wish for special powers, I wish I could look into the future...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

4 comments:

  1. haiz, i share the same tot as you.. if only we know... once the kids start sch, this is wat to expect. been through it and understand how tiring it can be. i will be back alone with the kids earlier than earlier. with ash started preschool and kaeden in p1, i fear the worst... the repeat of all the falling sick every alt week. take heart becos i have friends who kids take turn to fall ill like AN and ER, their no 2 will be stronger when they start school, jiayou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Tan says the same thing: 2nd kid will be stronger with all these exposure to viruses. He said his number 4 is a super being who hardly falls sick coz of the same reasons.

    I sure hope so. ER is still nursing and he's miraculously recovering very well from these attacks as compared to AN who can take weeks and even before she fully recovers, something new strikes.

    I run away to my parents place to get some help but dread coming home at the end of the day. Supposed to be night time and relaxing but the sight greeting us when we get home is nothing near peaceful...By the time we are supposed to enroll aN in pri sch and IF I hv to do community work to get her in (hope not, coz we're thinking of pputting her in my pri sch), there will be a new set of duties and even less time for anything else...oh my goodness...

    I think I want to go back to Tucson!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha dr tan is right cos tat was exactly the phase i went through. was nightmare and not forgetting, a BIG hole in the pocket. used to get pek chek over it but now... used to it le :P

    haha going back tucson only temp solution leh. if AN comes back and cannot cope with pri sch, u will have to take up the role of teacher! and i tell u hor, tat teaching role is worst than cleaning poo/pee, i am thankful i am still sane up till now :P

    frankly 2 furkids can be quite tough to cope esp they are those tat need time to maintain breed. try and see if u can find a good home for them? till now i cant find any for milo too so will try my best to cope as best as i could.. hehe tat is the reason y i hardly invite ppl to my hse! else i die cleaning it :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have realised that when it comes to kids, nothing is easy. I have non-parents telling me "I grew up with my mum taking care of little children...blah blah...and I can understand." but I too grew up with my mum taking care of little children but it's nothing near bringing up my own. The responsibilities and time and efforts put in...it's really not what they think they understand...So, ya. I know what u mean. Tucson is just an escape route. When it comes to coaching AN in future, it's another set of duties for us.

    At this point, I'm just glad that she's the one initiating (and insisting) to do school work. Mum keeps telling me to push her but I didn't want to push till she gets all stressed up and lose interest...moreover at this point she still doesn't need to.

    I used to enjoy having people over. hehe. Still do in fact..so it's ok that I hv to clean up after that. Anyway, we have to clean up the whole house everyday. Makes no different whether we have visitors or not. Am looking for a good place to rehome them still. My friend is interested but she can only take one. She has another dog, so whichever goes with her will still have company. So, if the remaining of the 2 doesn't go anywhere, I'll see if i can cope with 1 while waiting, hopefully for the other family to also have a dog so that he/she won't be alone.

    I don't know...it's still not firm yet.

    ReplyDelete